November 14, 2019

Level Airlines

I am two bottles deep. My drink of choice is Black Edition JP. Chenet Brut sparkling wine at 6 euros a pop, it feels like deal. I mean anything to pass a 10 hour flight, am I right?

Prior to my trip, I read all sorts of terrible reviews, but so far, I have no complaints. I packed my carry on to an appropriate 9.6 kg. I was rewarded with an approved carry on tag. Technically, my bag depth is over 2 cm for European flights, but I was able to cram it into the overhead space. Some compartments are larger than others. Mine was the smaller one. Good thing I've been working out. They take their size limits seriously.

I secured the last aisle center seat on the plane for minimal disruption. So far, it seems like I made the right play. My dining selections are promptly delivered, well, let's be honest... my drinks. The worst part is that the overhead lights have yet to dim. So, I'd advise anyone light sensitive to choose a seat more centrally located. Being in the rear of the plane is a decent option since traffic is low and it's rather quiet. The bathroom isn't too far away, either. I'm seated in row 43 and the restrooms are next to row 28, which is an exit row.

There is in-seat entertainment. We'll see if I get that desperate. I am pleasantly surprised that there is also in-seat charging. A welcome convenience on long haul flights. I will add, use caution with beverages on your drink tray; the person in front of me was eager to throw his seat back and I could have easily had a lap full of water, but thankfully the cap was tight.

Purchases are initially restricted, once those that paid for food and beverage are serviced, it seemed open to the rest of us. Items do sell out and have low quantity. You are instructed to pay via wifi, but despite several attempts, it did not work for me or my closest neighbors. Fortunately, there was an option to call the attendant to complete the order. I saved a euro going this route with each transaction.

The flight only had a few bumps. I was able to sleep a few hours and nap off and on. I passed the time listening to music and reading. I didn't get antsy. So, all in all, it was a good flight. I recommend Level economy. $151 (+$23 for seat) well spent.

No comments: