December 9, 2013

Desnudo Tacos

Only days after opening and Desnudo is already serving up better Mexican eats than others that have been around forever. They opened adjacent to Moondoggies, home to Naked City Pizza. The restaurant space is open and reminds me of a taqueria in Mexican. Día de Muertos artwork adorns the walls. You have a choice of tacos, tortas and burritos. Plus, a handful of other goodies. I love me some carnitas ($6) so I was immediately sold. Ever since an old favorite remodeled, cut back on quality and raised their prices, I've been left to make it at home. Needless to say, I've been jonesing for great carnitas for a while now.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug





The tacos here are indeed great! I prefer them with guacamole to avocado so I ordered the guacamole and chips ($5) to start. This is some damn good guacamole. Tastes like it was made tableside, just without the fuss. It was perfect to top the carnitas, it makes them really special. The pork has great flavor and the pulled pieces are tender and the fat is crisp. My only nitpick is some pieces were a bit larger so they fell out between bites. My brother joined me for lunch and he tried the California burrito ($6.50). It's a monster. He was unable to finish it, but really enjoyed it. Fortunately, Desnudo is near work, I see it becoming a favorite lunch spot.

Desnudo Tacos on Urbanspoon

No comments: