September 25, 2013

The Blahs

Sorry for my hiatus. It's not for lack of things to share. We've tried dozens of new places. Work has been busy, but lack of time isn't really an issue, either. I've been uninspired. I've been bored. I've been distracted. I don't know how to articulate it other than I've been suffering the blahs. I often get in a funk as summer ends and days become shorter. It started a bit early this year, maybe because we had months of cloudy skies, humidity and record rainfall. Football is back, so Frank is working weekends. We've burned up vacation time so we'll stay put for the rest of the year. We might get to San Francisco in November. We'll see...

I'm working through my blahs. Seeking inspiration. Hopefully, soon, the stars will align and I'll get my ass in gear to find that happy medium. I'm better than I've been so that's something.

This final season of Breaking Bad has been my escape. With only one episode left it's all I can think about. Earlier this week, I was hung up on the timeline, but I think I've come to terms with it. I was thinking too literally with the snow in New Hampshire. I think the bleakness was to illustrate the decay of Heisenberg (we saw snow before when Walt got into the Meth business) and soon we'll see Mr. Lambert. He's pure evil, a dying man with no moral compass simply avenging the loss of his family (and life’s work). We will remember Walter White and Heisenberg when he's through. Seriously though, it is the most brilliant show on television. It's more addicting than meth (well, I can only assume) and I don't know that we'll ever see that kind of chemistry again. Just brilliant. A marathon leading up to the finale begins tonight on AMC. Start the binge watching now if you haven't seen it.

I've been planning a Breaking Bad viewing party since this season started back up. Only to learn that Cox has changed the time it airs. We now have to wait until 9 o'clock. Waiting those three extra hours is brutal. Not to mention inconvenient for hosting this party. Hopefully, we'll still have guests to attend this party. I have some fun ideas in the works.

No comments: