January 9, 2019

Good Intentions

How is the new year treating you? I already feel like life is on fast forward. My list of everything I'd like to accomplish is more lengthy than the days are long.

I need to get organized and prioritize. Otherwise, I may never make a dent. My plan is to update here twice weekly. I have oodles to share. I just need to hunker down and do it. In case I continue to slack, I welcome you to join me on Instagram. I stay active on vegasjuhlshines. It's easier to maintain on the fly. I miss writing, though. Hence, my desire to revive this bad boy.

Anyway, let's dig in... we rang in the new year at home. We both passed out before midnight. A first! Frank was home for a few weeks, which was such a nice treat. Work kept him mostly on the east coast since July. So, it was good to have quality time and sneak in a couple quick getaways.

We went to San Francisco (M'mmm crab) for a day and drove to Santa Clara for Bears vs. 49ers. It was great to catch a game that ended in our favor - sadly, the winning streak was cut short when we met the Eagles. Man, that game was a bummer! At least we were able to drown our sorrows with deep dish pizza, 312 beer and jello shots. Very thankful for a taste of Chicago right here in the mojave desert.

The Knights, on the other hand are on a heater!! We road tripped to Glendale to see them defeat the Coyotes for the last game of the year (and nabbed us some BBQ at Rudy's). Then, we drove down to L.A. last weekend to see them play the Anaheim Ducks. It was an intense game. We were thrilled to earn another win. The streak continues.

We spent Saturday in west Hollywood after a bite at Langer's Deli. It was such a great low key day. There are Salt & Straws all over California now. We seek them out. This trip was no exception. That Bourbon Coffee! Is damn tasty. I'm glad it's expanded beyond Portland, I don't get up that way often enough. I will this summer, though. The family will be traveling from all over the midwest to meet us for a few days on the Oregon Coast. This will be our second family reunion, last year we gathered in Colorado. I'm looking forward to another adventure.

And speaking of adventures next month I'll set off on another trip to Europe. If you've been to Stockholm or Amsterdam, I'd love any tidbits.



3 comments:

KathyinNY said...

Sounds like you have and are going to have wonderful trips. Glad you are back on here. I've been sending you messages but not sure you've received them on here.

Wishing you a healthy, happy, and prosperous New Year!

Kellee said...

Hi Kathy! Good to hear from you. Hope you are well. I'm so glad you said something. I hadn't received any notifications. I am so sorry! I figured I lost everyone due to inactivity. I'll go through the list and play catch up.

KathyinNY said...

No problem. So happy that you are posting again. It's been awhile. Cheers to you!