January 20, 2019

A Day in the Life

Some days are completely ordinary. Filled with routine and structure. Today was not.

I woke before my alarm, which is unheard of on a Saturday. Saturdays are typically reserved for catching as many winks that are physically possible. However, sometimes my bladder interferes with the best laid plans. Today was such an occasion. Likely because I pounded 32 oz of water before bed to ensure that I was properly hydrated for a blood draw that would take place in my kitchen. You can add that to the list to strangest things I've done. Be sure to include the cup of urine also needed for my life insurance application. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the convenience, but what a strange experience. Welcome to adulting 2.0! These are the type of thrills you get to experience as you near 40.

My morning wellness check up was followed by a trip to Starbucks. A nitro cold brew was the equivalent to the snoopy band-aide and happy meal that bribed me as a child. I ordered one for Frank too. He's brought me coffee numerous times, it's about time I repaid the favor. Yes, firsts still occur after nearly 22 years together.

Including reliving the early 90's by making a trip to the mall. That's right, we went to the mall. Together. First it's astonishing enough for one of us to go. Let alone both of us. Together. We agreed shopping IRL felt totally unnatural. I won't be giving up Amazon Prime or the LIKEtoKNOWit App anytime soon. Side note: When did it become a thing to shop with your dog? Seriously, I think dogs out numbered humans at the mall today. At least, this provided less competition as we shopped the sale racks in search of warm layers to protect us in the first true taste of winter we've experienced in ages. I've had dreams of visiting Amsterdam, and Sweden to see where my great grandfather hailed from... never imagined doing it in the peak of winter. Though, I do enjoy an adventure. So, why the heck not?

Lunch at our favorite, Hummus, was pretty typical. As was a Netflix binge session. Though, I enjoyed "You" far more than I anticipated. We wrapped up our day with a Vegas Golden Knights game. Which also isn't out of the norm, but we did get to experience a rare treat, a hat trick! It might not have been natural, but I'll take it. Another first. Together. How very appropriate on this out of the ordinary day.

No comments: