February 1, 2007

Time Flies

I really need a central place to keep tidbits straight... it's a new year, so let's give this another whirl.

We had a chaotic end to 2006 and so far it's been a hectic 2007, but busy is good and we have much to be thankful for:

My mom, Mike, Amy, and her boyfriend, Jeff have all made the move to Nevada. They live in Pahrump (60 miles from me). Having them an hour drive away is quite nice. Still, distance and busy day-to-day life keeps me from seeing them as often as I'd like.

In November, Amy & Jeff welcomed their first son, Nicolas into the world. My mom and I were fortunate enough to be there for his birth. Nicky is growing quickly and he learns to do new things each day. It is a joy to be an aunt.

In December, we had a lovely relaxing vacation in Xpu-ha, Mexico. Then, when we returned home, Frank started his new position as Director of Specialty Games in Laughlin. He lived out of hotel rooms during the work week, and we began our new routine of commuting between Laughlin and Las Vegas on our off days. Luckily, it didn't take too long to find a suitable condo in Laughlin for us to purchase and we were able to close escrow in one months time.

January 17th, 2007 rolled around and we finally had keys to our new home (plus, we were now proud owners of 2 condos). Frank no longer had to hotel hop and there was no need to haul laundry back-n-forth each week. We're still getting settled into the new place and I'm learning how to best manage my time to juggle up-keep of two homes, but we're adjusting. The time away from each other each week can be rough at times, but we have the weekends to look forward to and I think we have more appreciation for the time we do have together.

Frank's getting a handle of his new position and he's getting into the swing of the laid-back Laughlin life. Meanwhile, everything continues to be going well for me at my job, too.

No comments: