October 2, 2013

Life List 1-10

At the beginning of the year, I set out to make 2013 a more fulfilling year. My intent was to improve my days by doing something for my mind, my body, my spirit, my relationships, my creativity and my passion. I wanted to focus on things that bring me joy. As the year has unfolded I strayed from the path I originally set out on. Instead, focus shifted to simplifying our lives to do more of what we enjoy. We've gotten a taste, but we haven't been able to fully reap the rewards from all the changes we've made this year. The good news is we've set ourselves up for a pretty amazing 2014 and years to follow. Operation simplify has been carried out so now it's time to again appreciate all that is joyous.

In January, I came across the notion of a life list. I was truly inspired by the idea, rather than a bucket list, this is a list to make life while living it a bit more lovely. Small goals, large goals, dreams, aspirations... whatever you want. I want to share my list before we fade into yet another new year. How is it that we're less than 90 days away? Crazy, isn't it?

My list is in no particular order, it's just how I scribbled it down in a notepad. It's a lengthy list so I'll be sharing it in segments.

   1. Step foot in every state.

   2. Visit every MLB Ballpark.

   3. Cross the Capilano Suspension Bridge.

[Photo: tourisminfo]
   4. Climb the Sydney Harbor Bridge.

[Photo: filmapia]
   5. Visit the Grand Canyon.

   6. Go Ziplining.

   7. Take my nephew to Cedar Point.

   8. Go to Oktoberfest in Munich.

   9. Visit a winery.

   10. Learn to say "Cheers" in every language.

I have 23 states under my belt, so I'm nearly half way there. And I've been to eleven ballparks.

Bridges were a fear of mine. I first conquered the fear by riding a bicycle across the Golden Gate Bridge. I didn't hear of the Capilano Bridge until after we visited Vancouver. It's a fantastic food city, I know one day we'll return. That's when I conquer the suspension bridge, I'm also eager to Climb Sydney Harbor Bridge. I have no doubt the views are amazing and what a feat it would be.

I'm just waiting on Nicky to get tall enough to ride all the rides. It could happen as early as next summer, but 2015 is more likely. Ziplining, visiting the Grand Canyon and a winery sound easy enough, but I haven't done them. Oktoberfest will take some planning, prost!

No comments: