August 20, 2013

Arches National Park

One of the stops we made while in Moab was Arches National Park. I've wanted to go ever since I learned about it. It has a scenic drive and several points of interest offering hikes that are short and easy and those that are more challenging. We stuck to the short hikes. It was hot and we have a history of injuries in Utah so we played it safe. We went twice around sunset. On the second visit, the sunset was interrupted by storms.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The Organ



Balancing Rock



Delicate Arch is probably the most famous. You might recognize it from Utah's license plate.



Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Garden of Eden

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The Windows

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The Turret

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Skyline Arch

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Our visit was enjoyable. Watching the storms come thru was probably my favorite. I'm a sucker for lightning. The formations themselves are fewer and farther between than I expected. Not too many can be seen from the comfort of your vehicle. I think it'd be better to visit during cooler months. Honestly, I thought most of the formations resembled penises and vaginas. Frank laughed at me. You see it, too, don't you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW - awesome pictures Kellee - that camera takes great pictures. AND YES - my wife and I agree with both you and Frank on the what the formations look like :) Thanks again for all the work you put into blogging - it's appreciated... CanadianGuyEh....

Kellee said...

Haha! Glad we're not alone.