November 2, 2020

So... We did a thing.

 

Hola desde Mexico! Frank and I decided to make lemonade out of this lemon of a year. Or would it be a margarita from a lime? New things to ponder, but I digress.

We've talked about living abroad for ages. When Frank was cleared to work from home for the rest of the year we spotted an opportunity to snowbird in La Paz. It's felt most like home during our travels, after all. Plus, I've been telling Frank for what seems like years, now, that Vegas winters have gotten to be too cold for me... Well, the stars aligned, here we are, testing out life in Mexico for two months. 

We'll return home after the new year.  We rented an Airbnb a couple blocks off the malecon, we opted to drive our truck down, we left Las Vegas on Friday and arrived in La Paz before the NFL games kicked off on Sunday. Frank will take meetings as needed. I committed to no more than 20 hours per week for my consulting gig. My plan is to use the extra free time to improve my Spanish, focus on hobbies, get back into and form better habits. It is much needed; this year has been extremely hectic. It's often felt impossible to get it "all done" so I welcome this time to slow down. 

Bear with me, as I learn to all the new updates blogger has made. 

2 comments:

KathyinNY said...

That is awesome! Enjoy your endeavors. I love working remote (from home). I am hoping to continue until at least August 2021 if not permanently. However I work at a University with faculty so it may not be permanent, but I can retire. Many things to ponder.
Love the pictures.

Kellee said...

Isn't it great WFH? I knew last year when I quit I needed to find something that allowed the flexibility of working remote. But the ability to work in the comfort of home is so nice. Can't beat the commute! It will be real nice for you, come winter...