October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I did quite a bit of running around this weekend and visiting with my mom and brother. Frank and I also went to the Palms Saturday night to see Louis CK perform at the Pearl.

Years ago, we were big fans of "Lucky Louie" and we currently love "Louie" on FX. This was our first time seeing him live. He had no opening act, "he'd suck anyway," he said. He performed about 90 minutes, coming back for an encore, he said "I'll save myself $20,000 (beating at tables) and give you a few more minutes."



The show was funny. Supposedly, it was new material and it'll be out soon. I'm happy we saw him perform. However, it's doubtful we'd spend the coin to see him again.

The Palms was pretty tame with crowds and costumes. I figured majority of folks must be on the strip or at the Fetish & Fantasy ball. The ball moved from Hard Rock to South Point this year. Mike and my mom went over to people watch. Mike said that too was tame. Between the larger space and strict costume policies - no masks, weapons/ props, nudity, etc. it was pretty lame compared to the chaos at Hard Rock a couple years ago. They spent the rest of the night on Fremont. They enjoyed the crowds better there.

Hopefully, the strip saw their share of characters. Halloween has always been an awesome time in Las Vegas. I'd hate to see that change.

No comments: